Friday, July 15, 2011

How's married life, Soph?

It's been almost a month we've been married.

Everyone keeps asking: so, Sophie, how's married life?

Like you don't know. Everything is sunny in my world.

Last year one of my friends got married and I heard everyone asking her how was her married life. Once she answered that it was kind of hard in the beginning to live with new person, get adjusted with new environment, new status and all. After a second I heard people saying, oh, their marriage is down the rocks, they must have some global [bedroom] problems... then other friend of mine got married and same questions were asked, she was just happily replying that marriage was the best thing and there was nothing like being home loving the husband. She was considered as husband-loving-freak with no global problems though. Thank Heavens!

So when my time had come, I decided not to answer questions like this or just suggest people to get themselves married.

Everything is as you make it. You want your marriage work - you do it. Word "love" has the same meaning as "giving" in Hebrew, in some languages "giving" is not considered quite something people are eager to do especially with the catholic world scaring everyone off.

Marriage is loving without thinking of reward; just believing in your soul-mate, judging him positively, showing warmth and giving a smile, making him feel you are always there for him. No matter you are Jewish Orthodox or secular one next block, you want to make it happen? So don't let the system get you down - love, love, love and don't be afraid to show it.

Someone told me once - I was the most grateful person ever seen and since then I realized I had to be even more for I've got all I need from G-d.
This is my married life - all I need.

5 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

Oh, i understand you so much ) Last year, everyone also were asking me about it. I was answering "as usual" :) well, because it was like it ) never felt some difference between me and myself married and unmarried :))

babisa said...

"Word "love" has the same meaning as "giving" in Hebrew" -I didn't know it,this is so true.. :))

Sophie שרה Golden said...

@Cheshire Cat, so happy you get me.

@babisa, ივრითში მხოლოდ თანხმოვნებია და ხმოვნები სხვადასხვა რაოდენობის წერტილებით აღინიშნება. ანუ სიტყვებს "love" და "giving" ერთნაირი ფესვი/თანხმოვნების წყობა აქვს. ძალიან სასწაული ენაა, ბევრია ასეთი სიტყვა.

Andina said...

Did I congratulate you yet? Well I wouldn't ask about it but congratulations! :)

Sophie שרה Golden said...

@Andina, I guess you did, but thanks again.