Sunday, February 17, 2013

Panoramic dream

Do you know where we went today? To the Panoramic museum of Yadegar Asisi in Leipzig. And do you know why is it so important?
All right, I am about to tell you.

Back in 2010 when I visited Leipzig for second time with the group of friends from the midrasha, we went to that very museum to see Amazonia. Beautiful and outstanding project by famous architect and artist Yadegar Asisi (of Persian origin, born in Austria).
I was so bewitched by it, that when my future husband and I started dating, it was one of the places we went on our dates.

I mean, we weren't engaged yet, it was early March (but sunny), after visiting this museum, we decided to chill outside on the bench, eating pistachios and letting the early Spring sun to warm our faces. I'll never forget that day. It was much more than any romantic date could have been. It was all we needed then: peace, culture and pistachios :)

And now, after two years, we still went there.
So changed though. Never mind my extra kilos, or late Winter rain.
We went there with Ezra, our 10 months old baby.

Isn't life great after all?
There might be hard times and difficulties that make you forget those old tender moments, when you were just yourselves, full of dreams and passion of unknown, because we didn't know each other for long time, but the moments like it was this morning when we strolled down to the Panoramic with Ezra and saw the bench where we sat couple of years ago, it made both of us smile.

 Yeh, those old buildings are so moody European

I used to insist that it's not about places, but faces. I think I might change my mind now. It is about places too, because they sort of make you appreciate and remember precious faces and times. At least that's what happened to me/us today.
And Ezra loved the Panoramic too. At first we hesitated because of the loud sounds, but Ezra looked so happy and joyful, we just moved on and enjoyed new and also overwhelming project of Asisi about mount Everest this time.

This photo is brought from the website of Asisi - so no rule was transgressed since I am very against taking pictures at museums (unlike so many people)

No comments: