Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Watch and Hear

Every time I log on this blog, I search for the different fonts and never find the suitable one. But I did today! Phew! Content.

Feeling like I am typing on an old machine as I used to when I visited my mum at her work everyday when I was little.

It's a cloudy day on this part of my World, although quite warm and nice. Listening to Leonhard Cohen. How brilliant was he! What a voice. The linked one has such sweet Eastern melody and there's even a second when you hear the "klezmer", then you travel to Paris and come back to wherever you wish you were. Beautifully melancholic.

I don't read books anymore, I don't watch films, I don't watch shows! Just have no patience for drama.

What I do is I watch YouTube videos obviously. And guess who is my favourite nowadays? Anna Newton of The Anna Edit blog. She is so lovely!!! I mean it in every English way, just lovely!


She's such a cosy sweet girl, who makes you feel very comfortable. I can't stand divas you know me. I can't watch/listen to any other beauty lifestyle vloggers (except her friend Lily). They make me either cringe or very uncosy. I just can't handle "overdone" ones. I can't stand people who make me feel inferior. Even if you are not good enough at something, which we all are at some point, you don't want anyone tell you or make you feel that way. Anna is someone who talks so nicely about the beauty products or food, that you might not even heard about, or is too expensive for you to afford, that it doesn't make you feel bad or sad at all.

Her YouTube channel is very refreshing. I can cook along with her (my favourite videos of her actually), do my chores and even learn about the beauty products I had never heard before. So funny. Anna's couple of years younger than me and I found out about Serum (not this one, it's just my favourite) from her. I know. But don't forget I am a woman who only owned mascara and lip balm until her middle 20's. And I only started using foundation when I was pregnant with my first because I got red spots all over my face and I looked not nice. It was Max Factor obviously. I still do not use many products but as I get older, I definitely need moisturizer, eye cream, different face creams and etc. I am also lover of Jojoba oil mixed with some Ylang Ylang or Red Grapefruit essential oils. Smells nice and minimal to me.

Anna is also doing this amazing Podcast "At home with Lily and Anna". Just check them out on Apple podcasts or google. I love listening to them, because they are such fun, cheerful and also very serious about their jobs. I respect that a lot.

The quality of the podcast is very good. I used to listen some others and somehow the sound was not clear enough. You know my radio loving heart and ears need to have a good audio to be able to accept the "noise". Both Anna and Lily have very pleasant and clean voices too, so that makes it even easier to do chores and have them on your background, also not just background, but really hearing their every word. Especially if you are someone who has trouble with understanding British accent, don't worry, these girls are rather "first class" as my teacher used to say, which means - they are perfectly coherent.

And I like Anna Newton, because her name is Anna. Yes, one of my favourite names. I had a lovely friend back at Uni, her name was also Anna - she also had dark silky hair and sweetest personality ever. Gave me Paulo Coelho books for every birthday. Never met anyone like her, so selfless and caring. I've learnt a lot from her although she was younger than me. Well, why I keep saying "younger"? Because when someone's younger you don't really expect him/her to be so considerate and thoughtful. I appreciate that so much, because I think I was never a selfless person like that. Now I am work in progress though. I am, I promise.

Have a lovely Wednesday and enjoy Anna's videos and podcast!

No comments: