Friday, June 25, 2010

World of beauty

World is going crazy with football. Even I hesitated for a second before huge TV in the street when Slovakia won over Italy. I hate mass sports, but when I look at those people sitting outside in cafes I like it - they seem happy.

Wimbledon is also on, but Football World Cup absolutely upstaged it and there are only couple of us remembering tennis.

It's been a long and interesting week - learning Chumash with Rashi's commentaries every morning with Leah, then other lessons, dinners, another lessons, work, sleep, internet.

Yesterday I met my friend Naomi, we walked a bit, then sat in a park and had a nice conversation. It's unbelievable how people need to talk, laugh and just be together sometimes. Everytime I have nice time with my friends, I thank G-d for that because that's exactly what one needs in our times when people are rushing to and fro forgetting about world's beauty, about life outside internet and etc. I guess only now I understand why G-d created man by His image - even though we are sure of His existence, we still need and long to talk to somebody, to listen to other person and just feel that we're not alone. It's wonderful, isn't it?

Yesterday night I went to the Smiths' as usual and helped rebetzin. When I held her baby boy and looked into his eyes, I felt so good and my first thought was: those people who believe in evolution and Darwin's theory must be stupid - how can anyone believe in nonsense like that? Only G-d could create a man, and a woman, and a baby by His image because they are beautiful.

Have a wonderful week end!
Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Sophie, I loved this post <3

gushinwin sagamos mec ase vseirnobdi, yvela kafeshi fexburts uyurebda xalxi da me garedan rom shevxede, siamovneba vigrdzeni. aset dros mgonia, rom xalxs aviwydeba sxva yvelaferi cudi da fexburti aertianebs, rogor patetikuradac ar unda jgerdes :)

magram Tennis mudam da yvelgan!