Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Little Boy's Tzitzis

My little friend who goes to school in Germany told me that his tzitzis accidentally pulled out and children started to laugh at him. They mocked, if it was his tail.

I have never felt sadder in my life when I heard this.

Nothing happens accidentally. Nobody laughs accidentally. I am not the one who believes in signs, but I do believe in causality if that's a proper word. I believe there are causes and effects, there are situations, places, spaces and faces we have to overcome in our lives.

It's "something" saying that we don't belong here. I know I've been claiming for all my life that anyone can live anywhere and nobody has right to set borders. Everyone should live and go wherever one feels going. Everyone should be happy.
Obviously not.

We can never be happy living in a strange land, speaking foreign language and be weirdos - wearing tzitzis or long sleeves in summer not conforming like others do. We will always be the ones crossing the river and shaming others.

When I told my husband that story, he said, one is never happy away from home and we've been away forever.
Will we ever be back? :/

This song melts my soul.


4 comments:

Talia said...

Aren't kids mean sometimes. :-(

Where do you call home?

Sophie שרה Golden said...

Talia, yes, they can be meaner than adults sometimes.

I don't know anymore :/

Luke said...

Ever considered making aliyah?

Sophie שרה Golden said...

Thanks for commenting, Luke.
Considered it but so hard to make it happen, I guess you need to be brave to make aliyah now.