Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ocean's? No, Ezra's 11

It's been a little hard week. I get very little sleep. Ezra turned 11 months on Monday and he is going through some weird milestone.


On Monday we went to Nova Eventis, trade centre in Leipzig, to buy a new car seat for Ezra. We couldn't pick up anything for a long time. There are so many car seats, different brand names, some famous, some - not, some with crazy prices, some - reasonable. Finally we bought something and when got back home, realised we didn't quite approve it so now we have to return it and get a new one.
Even though Ezra and I mostly use public transport, as I've already mentioned many times, he still needs a car seat because sometimes we get to ride somewhat little far and he is absolutely grown out from the old Babyschale. Plus, he doesn't like to be half sitting, he's a big boy, I understand him.

Well, since that Monday or rather Sunday night, he's been sleeping terribly. It's either his teeth which are coming all at the same time or it's just some developmental- or so called separation anxiety thing that make him fuss. He wakes up several times at night crying and about 1am he just refuses to stay in his bed but be taken in mine. I tried not to take him but he cried so hard I couldn't stand letting him cry so much especially at night when we all need to get some sleep. Once he's with me, he falls asleep immediately, but wakes up at dawn asking to nurse and would nurse forever if I let him. I thought he was weaning but he's fallen in love with nursing back again, I guess. Of course I still love it too, but it's exhausting especially at night.

I know he'll grow out of it and I'll miss this time like I miss when he was a tiny baby sleeping on my chest. But before he will I get tired and tired mum tends to complain and feel like her eyes are falling out and backache is unbearable.
Still, being mum is something that really makes me stronger. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right? Ha ha!

2 comments:

Talia said...

I definitely hope what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, otherwise I'm in big trouble!!

I totally get the tired thing, and the 'my baby just wants to sleep with mummy' thing. We've been keeping Lior in bed with us lately, just to shush him back to sleep easily instead of waiting for him to cry loud enough to wake us up. It's working for now! Hopefully you find a rhythm that works for you guys. It's so hard when they're teething, and the separation anxiety. :-(

Vent away! I totally understand! And it's nice to know that other people go through the same things that we do!

Sophie שרה Golden said...

Always happy to read your comments, Talia.
I am sure it does and we're not either first or last, if I can put it that way - you know, all our grandmums and mums have gone through, so will we :-)

We thought, we had found a rhythm for couple of months when Ezra finally slept in his bed after 4 months of co-sleeping, but now it's all coming back and I feel like in a bad dream.