Monday, January 13, 2020

My dear girl, I just want to make you happy!



Oh, Esther, how beautiful and cold are you!!!

Still "Sanditon" on my mind.
I should cover all the characters and tell you what I feel about them.

I love Esther Denham. I am in awe how her character develops through the episodes. It is amazing how Lord Babington brings all the good things out of her and makes her happy.

Charlotte Spencer is a very good actress - sure, it might not be to her credit, that she's got this beautiful pale skin full of lovely freckles and splendid red hair. But she's got the steely and icy look, this attitude of not caring about others while in reality she is soft and fragile.
Her best episode was the one where she talked and cried at her sick aunt's bedside, but  I also loved when she and Ms. Heywood take a walk down to the shore and Esther gives her opinion about all the people of Sanditon:
Wow!
Isn't she right! She is so good at knowing people around except her own stepbrother, which makes us think again how easy it is to look at others and tell their flaws while you are blinded to notice your own.

Very good job, Charlotte Spencer! You could pull off any other classic time period role ever written too, be it Austen or grand Tolstoy for sure.

9/10 the best Esther Denham for the win!!!

No comments: