Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Rosh Hashanah

I had a perfect Rosh Hashanah.
But I don't like writing about formal stuff, because there were wise men who had written that better than me. So let me write about people - people that I meet, who amaze me and make me improve myself.

Every time I go to the Rosenblatt family I know I would have swell time - rabbi's wife Julia is so smart, funny and talkative, she knows lots of interesting stories, jokes, and she makes you feel really comfortable at her house. Rabbi Avimelech has such deep and thoughtful eyes that he doesn't even have to say a word - he is wisest person I've ever met. At first I used to be little afraid of him really, but after all those Shabbats and Passover I got to know him better and now I know that he's a normal man, just wiser than others.

Everything was great.

And there was Yael. She's a 23 year old tourist from Israel, who wanted to stay at the family on Rosh Hashanah, so she came to the Rosenblatt's. I've met many people, have met Israeli tourists and love to talk to them, but in the end it's always plain to see - we are different in some ways, had been raised in different countries, different social atmosphere. Not Yael though. We got close from the beginning, because she knew how to listen, how to talk and above it all - she has these big bright brown eyes where you can see your reflection. Believe me, you can't see that in every eyes. I met Yael just three times, but she made my Rosh Hashanah totally. With her modesty and kindness she showed me that there is something more than good looks and luxurious things - what really really matters? - When person is kind and thinks about others, makes others days, improves them and shows this world in better shape. I hope Yael liked me too and she could learn from me as much as I did from her.

May we have sweetest and happiest year!!!

No comments: