Friday, September 18, 2009

For Sweet New Year


You have no idea how excited I am.

This is my fourth blog I guess.

Most of my blog readers know about me - I'm Sophie, 24. I've graduated from Tbilisi State University this year. I've majored in Journalism and minored in Psychology. I've become quite religious recently and I am so happy about it.

In 6 or more hours Jewish New Year will be present. Rosh Hashanah - as it is. I'm invited at Georgian Rabbi's home to celebrate Rosh Hashanah. I love visiting them.

I think I have to tell you the story as it goes: at first, I thought of religious people - as strict and even fanatic ones. When I first got to stay at rabbi's house for Shabbat, I was quite tight. I wasn't sure when should I smile and when should I not. But when I saw the rabbi and his wonderful wife Julia joking, laughing and talking like everybody else - I was amazed, really. After that I started keeping Shabbat and Kashrut myself. Now I'm working on Tzniut actually. I take it slowly because it's not good to become strictly religious at once.

Above it all - I found the serenity I always needed. Even though I've been considering myself as cool and rational person, I can't deny that there is strong southern blood rushing through my veins. I may not show my emotions, but my heart is beating like mad from inside.
My dear friends, bloggers, readers, welcome to my new GOLDEN WORLD :)

שנה טובה

2 comments:

nat said...

It's wonderful to see other side of you :) u are so special :) :*

Sophie שרה Golden said...

Thank you so much
I'm not special, I'm just blessed by G-d :))