Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Berlin - as I see it

Brandenburg Gate

Bundestag

Only one of him is alive soldier

Today I went to the upper east side of Berlin, where are Reichstag, German Parliament and other historic buildings. When I was standing there on Pariser Platz, I felt sudden heartbeat, I looked at people who were walking, smiling, talking, taking pictures... there was time 60 years ago when this place was bombed, millions of people got killed. I've never felt something like that before. May be it's because that Germany has been dominant country of the modern history. Germany had begun both world wars. It is a country which makes you think about many things - even about your personality, who you are, what you are and where are you going to end up, if you know what I mean.

Even though I did not like Berlin very much at the beginning, now I can see that it was meant to be for me to come here and find my own self. Berlin is quite a city - clean and cold. So I hope I'll be able to clean my soul and never become cold, you know. Life is full of challenges and they make me better, stronger and wiser for sure.

I hope you all try to find something in places where you live which will motivate you for doing and being good.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

ჩემი საყვარელი ’თამაშია’ - გარკვეულ ადგილას რომ ვარ, მისი წარმოდგენა დროის სხვადასხვა პერიოდებში.. ძალიან საინტერესო იქნება, დანახვა რომ შემეძლოს :)


ეხლა გამახსენდა, მე რომ ვწერდი ჰანნასთან სოფელში შევიცვალე-თქო. რა კარგია, რომ ბერლინი გეხმარება ამაში :)