Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lost in Antwerp

City Hall of Antwerp

Ziskind family

Ostend

I went to Antwerp for holiday of Sukkot. It's been amazing there, I fell in love with Belgium really. Me and other 9 girls from the Berlin midrasha lived in various families. I stayed at Ziskind family. They had made lovely sukkah outside the house, we sat there for seudas. Boys and their father, rabbi Ziskind sang and entertained us.

Antwerp is lovely city and I'd love to live there. People are so relaxed and calm. Jewish neighbourhood has been so warm to us. We went in 4 families for a dinner as ushpizins. The day before our departure, we went to Ostend, rented bikes and rode them down to the beach. It was just amazing!!! It was raining and we still did not care - rode and rode on...

When we got back in Antwerp, Belz sisters and other Antwerp girls threw a party for us. We danced for hours. I even performed georgian dance and everyone just loved it. I had so much fun. Although I missed my georgian friends so much, when I'm back, Bezrat Hashem, I should make something like that in Tbilisi for the MaBaT girls.

Now I am in Berlin already. Till 13th October we have holidays so fun is still there waiting for us ;))

Love ya all,

Tschuß

No comments: