Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pursuing happiness and sudden sadness

Picture by Victoria Usova

I always feel sad before departure. I love my home, my city and all. Even though I feel like stranger among people. There are times when I do not wish to talk to anyone and would love to dash somewhere far from civilization, live in the mountains, have country house, domestic animals and someone to look at and see myself in its eyes, if you know what I mean.

Everything passes, nothing really matters, but modesty and happiness. What can make one truly happy? I guess happiness is when you're settled down, have family, stable job and sense of security that G-d is with you, so are your dear people. I do have security, but sometimes I feel little sad though. I hope it will pass soon and I will be as sunny as usual.

According to the USA constitution everyone has a right to pursue happiness. I have such an American spirit, haven't I? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sofi, I can imagine you pretty well - alone (or with your family) living somewhere in a house far away in the mountains, writing books and famous novels.
And some day we can say - we know this famous writer in person! ^)