Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Night Radio Voice


I have a new favourite actress - Romola Garai. I've always liked her, but in this movie "Glorious 39" she was wonderful. Even though the end of the movie was quite unfit. It's a quiet British movie with good actors in it: Bill Nighy, Julie Christie, Jeremy Northam (my old love). I don't know whether director or script writer went wrong because I was expecting more action, more reality and suddenly movie was over. But I have to admit that costumes were perfect, nature was beautiful (that's G-d) and actors played quite all right.


Romola - she has this big blue (or grey) eyes looking into the camera and making you feel like you've known her forever. Also her low voice is very charming and it's one of the best parts when she reads books for her father. Listening to her I once more missed radio. She has typical night radio voice for intellectuals if you know what I mean.


To resume, British movies have some kind of charm that no other movies have. I love French movies, but still can't compare with English ones. There's something about their accent and the way they talk, walk, smile, cry... I just love it.


Here is the link of "Glorious 39" for Georgian readers.
7/10

No comments: