Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Normal People


Just saw Woody Allen's 'Crimes and misdemeanors'. I absolutely adore his movies. I have seen almost all the movies he has made. Sometimes you watch movie and realize that it is so simple - regular people with their lives, they talk like normal, they walk like normal and Woody Allen can see all that. There are so many great directors with all their styles and points of view, but Woody's not like anyone else. You just listen to his dialogues and you don't get bored as it happens in most of other movies. There are no romantic pauses, no deep looks or luxury - it's just real life of normal (or not) people who live everyday life, they win and lose, they love and hate, sin and do good...

P.S. I should note one thing though - Woody's last movie 'Match point' is nothing but kind of remake of that 'Crimes and misdemeanors'. I love 'Match point' as I like Scarlett Johansson, but Mia Farrow and Martin Landau are just swell.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

I love woody <3 He is the only director I love.

Maka Asatiani said...

he's got great simplicity - yeah,that's why i love this man :)