Monday, March 15, 2010

Maria, what had they done to you? :(

I love Hemingway. Not only love, when I read his books I feel like I am there and I can see all his characters. I've been reading "For whom the bell tolls" lately. This book has become kind of life guide for me. Its characters are so tragic, and poor, and they believe in Republic. I don't know, it depresses me a lot.

I'm not going to tell you about the idea of this book, you just have to read. Well, Holden Caulfield never really loved Hemingway, but what did 16 year old boy know...

You know what I like most? That Hemingway lets his reader to fantasize and imagine the heroes just as one wants. So I have made up Robert Jordan and Maria in my mind. But it did not last long. I just saw this poster from Hollywood movie based on this book. Just fancy, young spanish girl who had been through so much, had suffered and all, is played by Ingrid Bergman. Unbelieveable. Gary Cooper plays Robert Jordan. Well, he's never been my favourite one anyway, but Maria, gosh, she had to be someone else. Not blonde and aristocratic Ingrid Bergman, who stars in Casablanca and movies like that.

I am disappointed. And I am never to see that movie. Never.

No comments: