Monday, January 18, 2010

Dearest Drew

I've been fond of Drew Barrymore since I remember myself. I've been watching her movies all my life, collecting her photos and admiring her character really. She has been through so much - hard adolescence, conflict with parents, crazy boyfriends and husbands, David Letterman shows and etc.

Baby Drew in famous Spielberg movie "E.T."

Bad girl in "Poison Ivy"

Despite everything Drew has become one of the successful actresses, producers, and even directors in Hollywood. There may be lots of starlets playing in romantic comedies, but Drew has something that absolutely distinguishes her from other beautiful Hollywood women. She is crazy, funny, risky and is never afraid to get embarrassed as she once has said.

As Charlie's angel

It was time for her to get an award.
And here it is.
Drew got the golden globe for performing little Edie Bouvier in "Grey gardens". I saw this movie some weeks ago and got really surprised by Drew. She seemed to have taken this role very seriously and it was nothing like she had played before. I admire her more after seeing her in the movie about Bouvier mother and daughter.

Directing "Whip it"

As Little Edie in "Grey Gardens"

Well-deserved Golden Globe - January 2010

Drew is 10 years senior than me.
Some people say I look like her.
Thank G-d I did not have life like hers, but mine hasn't been easier though. I hope that in 10 years I'll have got my own golden globe.

No comments: